Organophilic Clay Filter Media
PM -100 is a chemically modified clay and anthracite filtration media that adsorbs oil and similar organics from water. It is one of the best technologies available for treatment of oil-contaminated wastestreams and boiler condensate.
This product s a mixture of 30% active sorbent and 70% anthracite filter media, which allows for maximum water flow without excessive pressure build-up in the column.
• Engineered for column operations
• Standalone treatment for removal of low-solubility organics from water
• Pre-treatment to GAC to increase the overall efficiency by removing some of the larger
molecules by oils, grease and other less water-soluble organics
• Post-treatment for polishing
• Flow-through systems
Features & Benefits
• Lowers overall operating cost relative to utilizing activated carbon alone
• Extends life and absorbency of activated carbon byremoval of larger molecular organics
• Accommodates increases in flow rates andcontaminant concentration levels
• Provides a “fail-safe” method to prevent oil contamination
• Operates in stand-alone mode for treatment of oil contaminated waters or steam condensates
PM-100™ and PM-199™
PM-100 is a chemically modified clay/anthracite filtration media that reliably removes oil, grease, and other low-solubility, high-molecular weight organics from wastewater.
This mixed media is designed for flow-through systems.
Low-solubility organics are adsorbed onto the product surface while clean water passes through Can be used in three different modes:
• As a stand-alone treatment for removal of low-solubility organics from water.
• As a post-treatment to polish a wastewater stream
• As a pre-treatment to increase the overall efficiency of GAC by preventing surface pores from `being blinded by oils, greases, and other less water-soluble organics PM-199 is a granular,
100% organophilic clay media.
It is normally only used in our high efficiency cartridge systems. The PM-100 and PM-199 can extend the life of GAC by as much as 500%, resulting in higher carbon sorption capacity
and more effective and consistent removal of heavy metals.
The PM-100 and PM-199 can extend the life of GAC by as much as 500%, resulting in higher
carbon sorption capacity and more effective and consistent removal of heavy metals
|Formulation #||Particle Type||Bulk Density (lbs./ft³)||pH|
|100||Granular||Shipped 52 - 54||6.0 - 7.0|
|Backflushed, settled in column 58|