Organophilic Clay Filter Media
Organoclay® PM-199 is a proprietary granular adsorption media effective in removing oils,
greases other non-aqueous phase liquids (NA PL) and other dissolved high molecular weight/
low solubility organics.
• Organophilic Filtration Media: as flow through media for treating groundwater and leachate.
• Organoclay® Bulk Capping: provides subaqueous chemical isolation of contaminated
sediment NA PL seeps in waterways.
• Solidification/Stabilization additive: improves hydraulic and leachability performance of
pozzolanic mixes by adsorbing NAPL and dissolved low solubility organics
Features & Benefits
• As filtration media used in series prior to activated carbon vessel, it extends life and
adsorbency of activated carbon by removal of larger molecular organics that can cause fouling.
• Operates in stand-alone mode for treatment of oil contaminated waters or steam condensates.
• High adsorption capacity of oils, greases and other NA PL
PM-100™ and PM-199™
PM-100 is a chemically modified clay/anthracite filtration media that reliably removes oil, grease, and other low-solubility, high-molecular weight organics from wastewater.
This mixed media is designed for flow-through systems.
Low-solubility organics are adsorbed onto the product surface while clean water passes through Can be used in three different modes:
• As a stand-alone treatment for removal of low-solubility organics from water.
• As a post-treatment to polish a wastewater stream
• As a pre-treatment to increase the overall efficiency of GAC by preventing surface pores from `being blinded by oils, greases, and other less water-soluble organics PM-199 is a granular,
100% organophilic clay media.
It is normally only used in our high efficiency cartridge systems. The PM-100 and PM-199 can extend the life of GAC by as much as 500%, resulting in higher carbon sorption capacity
and more effective and consistent removal of heavy metals.
The PM-100 and PM-199 can extend the life of GAC by as much as 500%, resulting in higher
carbon sorption capacity and more effective and consistent removal of heavy metals
|Bulk Density||CETCO Test Method||44-56 lbs./cu.ft.|
|Oil Adsorption Capacity||CETCO Test Method||0.5 lb/lb Minimum|
|Hydraulic Conductivity||mod ASTM D 2434/5084||1x10-3 cm/sec Minimum|
|Quaternary Amine Content||CETCO Test Method||25-33% min. Quaternary Amine Loading|